To connect to Blackfynn using any client or command line tool, follow these steps:
- Create an API key/secret pair on website
- Configure client to use credentials
- Download and use a client
Create an API Key and Secret
To create an API key/secret pair, log in to Blackfynn and navigate to your profile settings. You can do this by clicking the circular icon with your initials in the bottom-left corner of the site to navigate to your
My Settings page.
From there you can click the blue Create API Key button and give your new API key a name i.e. work laptop, as shown below.
After that you’ll see a dialog with your new API key/secret pair.
NOTE: Make sure to save your new API key/secret pair before exiting the dialog! For security purposes, you will not be able to view the key/secret again. You can always generate a new API key/secret in case you no longer have access to your old one.
Configure client to use credentials
- Blackfynn Agent and CLI tool https://developer.blackfynn.io/agent/agent_tutorial.html
- Python Client https://developer.blackfynn.io/python/latest/quickstart.html
- Matlab Client https://developer.blackfynn.io/matlab/tutorial1.html