In order to download data from Blackfynn Discover, you will need to install the Amazon AWS Command Line Interface. The CLI allows you to programmatically get access to the data on Amazon S3 using your personal AWS account.
Setting up the AWS CLI consists of two steps:
- Installing the AWS CLI tool
- Configuring the AWS CLI tool to use your credentials.
Installing the AWS CLI Tools
Amazon provides detailed instructions on how to install the latest AWS CLI tools.
Amazon recommends to install the tools using the Package Installer for Python (PIP) using the following command. Please refer to AWS documentation for more detailed instructions.
pip3 install awscli --upgrade --user
Configuring AWS CLI Tools
Amazon provides detailed instructions on how to configure the AWS CLI tools.
There are many specialized ways to configure the AWS CLI. However, for purpose of accessing public data from Blackfynn Discover, the configuration is very simple using the
aws configure command.
Running this command will require you to enter 4 values:
- Your AWS Access Key ID: This is the access key associated with the IAM user that you created when you configured you AWS account.
- Your AWS Secret Access Key: This is the Secret Access Key that was generated when setting up your IAM user.
- Default region name: We recommend using us-east-1 as this is where Blackfynn Discover is located.
- Default output format: We recommend using JSON.
$ aws configure
AWS Access Key ID [None]: AKIAIOSFODNN7EXAMPLEAWS
Secret Access Key [None]: wJalxRfiCYEXAMPLEKEYDefault
region name [None]: us-east-1
Default output format [None]: json
After confirming the credentials, you will now be able to interact with Amazon AWS as the IAM user associated with your account.